Re: [BKARTS] Looking for a "low-brow" archival tape? Edge gluing?

The mend appears to be durable, and is stronger than the paper fibers
at the cut edge; i.e. when pulled apart, the paper gives way.

I use this method only for cuts.  Overlapping tears are repaired
with cooked wheat starch paste.

>EDGE GLUING
>Jack, interesting information about edge gluing pages. Just wondering how
>durable the glued together cut is with PVA? I assume there is no fiber
>manipulation?

The videotape is still available; cost is: $19.95 + $3.50 P&H ($5.00
P&H to Canada.)

>VIDEO?
>For those that may want to buy the video, is it still available for sale? I
>did not see it mentioned on your website.

Jack

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon  97217