Re: [BKARTS] Los Angeles Book Arts Center

Lisa

Congratulations on your great start for the LA Book Arts Center! I'm very
impressed (and not a little jealous!) that you have been able to accomplish
so much so quickly. Can you tell me how you did it? As you know, I have been
working for over a year now to try to get something going here in
Cincinnati, but it's been a very difficult row to how. The response to the
idea of a book arts center has been enthusiastic, but after awhile it became
clear that there were precious few people willing to put in the energy,
time, money, dedication, commitment and effort to get it going. I personally
spent so much money that I had to drop out of the effort for awhile to focus
on my letterpress business, and I was surprised and dismayed that the air
seemed to go out of things so quickly as a result. Is it just living in a
larger city, I wonder, so that you have a larger pool of like minded
individuals on whom you can rely? Do you have a space already?

Katie Harper
Ars Brevis Press
Cincinnati, OH
513-233-9588