[BKARTS] Ars Brevis Workshops: Prices Reduced!!

Because we don't want the shaky economy to keep people from doing the things
they truly love to do, we have decided to lower the prices on most of our
workshops this fall. A new workshop list is attached, along with a list
below in text form. If you do not receive the attachment, please write to me
offlist and I will be happy to send you another one. Or send your snail mail
address to be put on our snail mail list.

Please note that many of these workshops are filling up very fast, so call
or email to ensure your registration as soon as you can. Also call for
further details on any of the workshops. Contact numbers appear below.

Ars Brevis Press
Workshop Schedule  Fall, 2002

Introduction to Letterpress (Two Saturdays)
Learn the basics of typesetting, working with images and printing simple
jobs such as greeting cards (including wedding invitations), business cards
or broadsides (small prints). No prior letterpress experience required.
Class limit = 5. Fee = $75 + materials*
Oct 19 & 26 from 11-5pm

Print Your Own Christmas (or other) Cards (Two Saturdays)
Back by popular demand, this workshop will teach you to design, typeset and
print your own greeting cards.
Class limit = 5. Fee = $75 + materials* Previous experience helpful but not
required.
November 2 & 9 1-5pm

Wood Engraving Workshop with Siri Beckman (Weekend Workshop)
Join Siri Beckman from Stonington, Maine, in learning the skill of wood
engraving, a relief printing technique with a history dating back to the
1700s. Similar to wood cut, wood engraving has a potential for fine detail
and was used extensively for book, newspaper and magazine illustration. Its
novel advantage is that the blocks can be combined with hand set type.
    Participants will design, cut and print a wood block in a small edition.
Drawing experience and manual dexterity are required. Certain materials and
tools will also be necesssary, although some can be provided. Please call
for more details.
Fee: $125, limit 5
December 7-8, 11-5pm
Private instruction and shop rental are available most evenings. Please call
for more details or to register. Fees are due upon registration. Fees will
be refunded if the workshop is cancelled, or if participants cancel at least
2 weeks before the workshop.

*Materials costs will vary depending on the project. Workshop fees
discounted 10% for Cincinnati Book Arts Society members. Discounts for Work
Study are also available. Call or write for details.

To register or get more information, call 513-233-9588 or
email: knharper@fuse.net

Katie Harper
Ars Brevis Press
Cincinnati, OH