Re: [BKARTS] Los Angeles Book Arts Center

Dear Lisa and Katie and Richard,

I agree with Richard's statement about the work it takes to build an organization;
 I began Bright Hill Press ten years ago and have spent more hours than I care to
think about working toward its success.  This past year we acquired a building and
 two of the final pieces of the dream fell into place -- a place for ongoing literary and
workshops and a gallery for word and image exhibits.  Our first jbook arts exhibit
(juried by Richard Minsky and Peter Verheyen) opened yesterday, and it's a thrill to
see such wonderful work by so many artists from all over in that light-filled gallery that
the time all this has taken seems to fall away.  Definitely, hang in there!
Best, Bertha Rogers