[BKARTS] ISBN number & copyright question

Hello,

I have two legal questions related to a new book I'm working on. The first
is whether or not I need an ISBN number? The edition will be fifty copies.

I'm also wondering about copyright permission for a one sentence quotation
that will be used as the epigram of the book. Do I need permission, or is
this considered fair use?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Carolyn.

(Please ignore cross-posting to the Book Arts List.)