Re: [BKARTS] Copyright question on list

In 1995 I self-published a book entitled "Anyone Can Make a Book." I
contacted Library of Congress (gave them, I believe $20 for a copyright) and
was given CIP informaton. I also contacted Bowker and, if remember correctly,
at least at that timeó the cost was several hundred dollars and they did not
want to send a group of numbers to anyone who had not published previously.

I have sold hundreds of the books to distributors, book arts groups and to
all branches of our library--all without a ISBN number.  Some time later, I
checked for my book in the Library of Congress catalog and found that it had
been given the full information and was currently checked out by a user.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Rita