[BKARTS] Best place to buy type? And best size?

I am ready to start thinking about binding in leather (not ready to do it,
just ready to think about it (g)), now that I have worked with cloth for
quite a while, so I am hunting around for a set of type. Where is the best
place to buy it? Which size/font is best? Is it better to buy the type with
the handles attached to each letter, which is more expensive, or buy a type
holder? I know brass type is the best, but what are the drawbacks of using
the cheaper variety?

Obviously, I am going to have to practice alot before I ever put the type
against a piece of leather, so I want the type now so I may practice first
on other mediums.

Thanks,

Beth Stegenga
beth@stegenga.net