Re: [BKARTS] Paper attached to Leather

I have several signatures sewn together that I want to cover with a piece of
leather that is about 2mm thick. The idea for this came from a sketch book that
I got in a art supply store that I rather like, that is except for the actual
paper that makes up the book, which I quite dislike for sketching. I have not
taken the book apart to see how it is put together but from poking around there
are several sewn signatures and the end pages of the of the outer signatures
are "glued" to the piece of leather that wraps around the paper block. There
are three exposed threads coming out what would be the spine but looking down
the gap between the spine and the ends of the signatures they do not appear to
be attached and if they were sewn into the signatures I should be able to see
that since the tread is black and the thread used to sew the signatures is a
natural color, so perhaps they are just for decoration. Anyway that is the
application.

When  you say paste do you mean wheat paste or some thing else?

Thanks..