Re: [BKARTS] Paper attached to Leather

Exactly. You can either cook your own, or get the pre-gel variety.
Bookmakers and Talas sell both. The cooked is much nicer in many of it's
properties, but I've also come to like the ease of use of the pre-gel. Just
add to water and mix until smooth. I use a brush.

>When  you say paste do you mean wheat paste or some thing else?
>
>Thanks..

For your structure, what you could do is sew the signatures using a link
stitch or on tapes, independently line the leather with paper, let dry
under weight (change blotters or boards) and then make a wrapper which you
would case in "normally."

p.

Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>