Re: [BKARTS] Sackner Archives

>Does anyone know how to go about visiting the Ruth & Marvin Sackner Museum
>of Concrete & Visual Poetry in Miami?
>I have visited the web site but am unable to get any information on
>if/when the museum is open to the public.
>
>Christine Tarantino
>wordsoflight@netzero.net

Christine,

The Sackner Collection is a private one and is not open to the public,
except, I suppose, by private invitation. If that puts a damper on your
Florida trip, might I suggest a visit to the Jaffe Collection? We're
located about 60 miles north of Miami's Sackner Collection, and we are open
to the public by appointment (sometimes even by chance). Contact me off
list if you're interested at <jcutrone@fau.edu>. I'd be glad to put some
information in the mail for you. It's not quite concrete poetry, but I'd be
willing to bet there'd be quite a few items of book arts interest to you here.

John Cutrone
The Arthur and Mata Jaffe Collection
Boca Raton, Florida