[BKARTS] Photo printing in/on books?

In another mailing list focused on book altering, a discussion has
moved towards printing photographic images (in situ) on or in books. I
have a strong memory of seeing a photo -- in an exhibit catalog or
perhaps a book on book arts, paper arts, or alternative photo
processes? -- showing the work of a book artist who did just that:
printed photographs onto the pages of a pre-existing book. I don't even
think the book was disbound and remade. And I don't *think* this was a
photo transfer process or emulsion transfer, though that could
certainly be what's fooling me, since the results would be very
similar....

Has anybody seen this artist's work? Might it have been a dream? ;-)

Best regards,
Bill
-----
Bill Tozier
bill@williamtozier.com

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually
right."
  -- Henry Ford (1863-1947)