Re: [BKARTS]

This sounds like a sound practice for killing insects, but,
I would have some concern for the paper in the books to
repeated freeze and refreeze.  Will that not cause the
paper to become more brittle?  Make changes to the molecular
structure and weaken the paper fibers?
I've often heard of freezing books, both as a pest control
and a disaster recovery process, but I suggest that you
think through various aspects of this treatment before jumping in.
The original inquiry said books had silverfish from storage
in an attic.  What was the age and condition of the books
from the storage environment in addition to the pest problem?

Jane Brown
Charleston, SC
brownjm@musc.edu