Re: [BKARTS] Rare Book School course

At 02:27 PM 10/31/2002, you wrote:
>I'm wondering if anyone has taken Nicholas Pickwoad's course at the Rare Book
>School, 'European Bookbinding 1500 - 1800.'  I understand that it's a
>wonderful course.  I'm interested in hearing from bookbinders/book
>conservators if the course helped your work.  In which ways was it of value?
>I've been accepted, but unforeseen circumstances now make it a huge sacrifice
>for me to attend, and I'd like to have some feedback to help me decide if,
>indeed, it is worth it.
>Thank you for any thoughts.
>Judith
Judith,

You should go to the Binding section of RBS; it lists all the binding
courses, gives descriptions, readings, and student evaluations over the
years. I can't locate a list of students, but I just quickly went through
it. I can crosspost your question on exlibris if you want, or you can ask
Terry if such a list is available.

http://www.virginia.edu/oldbooks/bulletin/binding.html

Jeffrey A. Barr
Curator of Rare Books