Re: [BKARTS] mull/muslin

Bill,

You make a good point about using a light muslin instead of cheesecloth-like
mull; this newbie will have to try it!
I am however, a lot more versed in fabrics and sources: it is true that
commercial fabrics of the sort you'll find at any fabric store will very
likely have sizing in them.  It is thouroughly possible to simply WASH that
sizing out: either with a light detergent or with what we silk painters and
fabric artists use, Synthrapol - toss it through the laundry with your
jeans, and iron (no starch! - grin) before using.
Fabrics ready-for-dyeing as well as with great potential for bookbinding
use, and Synthropol are available from places like Dharma Trading Co. in San
Rafael - no commercial ties here but just a glad customer and user of what
they do - dharmatrading.com, free catalog, decades of experience and
intelligent curious folks.

Ruth Temple