Re: [BKARTS] Large Book Imposition

Katie,
        Aha! Now I get what it is you're trying to do. Take a look at
the following program:

http://www.withflair.com.au/Impose-It/impose-it.html

You can download a free, fully-functional demo version which may allow
you to do what you want. On the other hand, things may be even simpler
than that. Since you're talking about a sixteen page signature, why not
just use a spreadsheet to layout the first signature, and then "fill
right" to automatically paginate the remaining 29? Does this make sense?
Here's what I mean:

==A== ==B== ===C====
Page  Sheet Position
----- ----- --------
1     1     Front Recto
2     1     Back  Verso
3     2     Front Recto
4     2     Back Verso
13    2     Back Recto
14    2     Front Verso
15    1     Back Recto
16    1     Front Verso

You then set up columns D, E and F with simple formulae so that D =
A+16, E=B+4, and F=C. Select columns D, E, and F and "Fill Right" so
that they are replicated 28 more times, and voila! For each page of the
finished book you can see at a glance which sheet it should be on, and
which position on the sheet. Is this what you want?

This is a relatively simple thing to do, but it pre-supposes a bit of
familiarity with spreadsheets. If that's a problem, let me know and I'll
quickly work one up for you and e-mail it, or post it to a website as
Kathy suggested. Good luck!

-David S. Rose
 Five Roses Press
 New York, NY