From: Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.philobiblon.com
[mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Katie Harper
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 2:02 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Large Book Imposition

I apologize for confusion, and will try to clarify. These books are
going to
be reproduced using a photocopier, and the sheets will be copied two up
on
11x17 paper, folded to 8.5x11. Four of these copied sheets will be bound
into signatures, 30 signatures per book. My task is to set up the pages
into
printer spreads so that when they are photocopied, folded and bound,
they
fall into the right order. It is not a digital project, just
photocopying.
The reason I was thinking of Pagemaker was simply to come up with a
paginated dummy that would tell me quickly how to lay out the printer
spreads. I was trying to avoid having to make a full sized dummy just to
see
where the pages will fall. On reflection, I can see that by the time I
come
up with such a "quick" solution, I could probably more easily have a
folding
dummy ready to go. It's a labor intensive process, and I doubt if there
is
any way to avoid it. Thanks.

Katie Harper
Ars Brevis Press
Cincinnati, OH
513-233-9588
http://www.arsbrevispress.com

> From: "David S. Rose" <lists@ROSEGREMSE.COM>
> Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 13:07:51 -0500
> To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
> Subject: Re: Large Book Imposition
>
> Katie,
> There are quite a few books and resources about imposition
> schemes. Do you have an idea of exactly how many pages you will print
on
> each sheet, or are you still trying to figure that out? Take a look at
> this site:
>
> http://www.mpg-books.com/impositions.html
>
> and check out some of the charts they have, which may be of help.
> Otherwise, give us as much information as you have on the details
(size
> of parent sheet, trim size, etc.) and let's see if we can work it out.
>
> -David

Thanks.