Re: [BKARTS] Cutoffs

In addition to the other good ideas expressed, if you know any papermakers
in your area who work with recycled fibers, they would probably love to have
them. Or it might give you a good excuse to try your hand at making some
recycled paper.

Those of you who have been to my studio can attest to the fact that I have a
difficult time throwing anything away, but if you can keep it organized
properly, I think having a reasonable amount of fodder around isn't a
crime - especially if you work with alternative printing methods like Gocco
that can print on even the tiniest paper.

I also applaud giving materials to local schools - if you want extra credit,
you can offer to teach a class or just a couple of teachers how they might
use them to make little books - Palm leaf books, mini accordions or Hedi
Kyle's flag book structure are great for using up little strips.

with best wishes,
Roberta

Pendleton, Oregon
paper@oregontrail.net