Re: [BKARTS] two questions (fan binding and altered books)

I have been reading about perfect binding and was wondering how it differs
from double-fan binding? Aside from tilting the pages one way then the
other to get a bit more glue penetration, is there any difference between
double-fan and perfect (apart from the heated glue)? I have been doing some
(im)perfect bound paperbacks by hand with Aleenes's Tacky glue and I fan
both directions to get in some more. Am I an inadvertant "double-fanner"?
On a slightly tangential line during my experiments at home I'm having a
tough time getting the covers folding at the right places and fitting the
spine. Anybody care to share their techniques for getting a good fit
between the cover and book block for paperbacks?

Waqar