Re: [BKARTS] Double-fan binding perfect bound books

Hi, Bruce:
If it is not proprietary information, how deep are the notches and how far
apart are they spaced? What is the name of your bindery? Are these notched
book blocks perfect bound or cased?
Rupert

http://www.philobiblon.com"              <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> =====
>Double fan adhesive binding was tested by the Library Binding Institute.
>The tests confirmed that notching does add strength to the binding.
>
>Currently, our firm produces thousands of books a day using this method of
>binding.  All are notched.
>
>Bruce F. Jacobsen

Rupert N. Evans
May 1-October 31: 101 W Windsor Rd. #4107, Urbana, IL 61802-6697;
217-337-7833
November 1-April 30: 501-391 S LaPosada Circle, Green Valley, AZ 85614; 520-648-8365
Author of Book-On-Demand Publishing
I love to print and bind books