Re: [BKARTS] Ascona knife

Susan,

You don't need an Ascona knife, unless you know an awful lot about
paring leather and are willing to use that tool to do the work.

By now you've already read descriptions about this knife.

It's not a bad knife, but it does take a little care.

Really, unless you know how to sharpen a paring knife it does not
matter which knife you use; English, French, German, backyard, etc.

Once you know how to sharpen a paring knife, it does not matter which
style of knife you use.

As a demonstration I once pared leather with a wood chisel, sharpened
for paring leather.

"Backyard" knives are the ones which I manufacture from used industrial
bandsaw blades.

Jack

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick