[BKARTS] Automating double-fan & perfect binding

Maybe this is heresy here :) but does anybody know what are the options for
automating any and all of the steps for double fan and perfect binding
paperbacks. I'm talking about the lowest-end machines that give the biggest
"bang for the buck", say, 500-1000 books a month. not industrial-strength
solutions for churning out thousands per hour. Something that automatically
applies glue, aligns the book block pages, scores covers, trims etc. Not
necessarily a single machine, it could be multiple ones for different
processes.