[BKARTS] help. term for bookart process

hi.

I'm new to this list. The Center for  Book Arts suggested that this list may
be helpful for me. I am looking for terminology for a bookart process.
Someone called what I was doing "hand-tipped" but I did some additional
research and think I may be using that term incorrectly.

I am inserting a clear piece of acetate into an already bound journal. The
acetate has a pattern sewn into it to match a drawn figure on the underneath
layer. I am affixing it to the top of the page so that it can be lifted so
that the bottom layer can be revealed. Is there a term for this -- adding a
clear insert with a pattern (a sewn pattern) that matches an underneath
layer that adds another dimension  or for adding a clear top layer to an
already bound journal?

I hope my explanation was clear. Please let me know if I can clarify.

please help!

tara