Re: [BKARTS] Chiming in, Reflections on double fan binding

Ben,

On Monday, November 11, 2002, at 04:15  PM, Ben Wiens wrote:

>    1.  Cold emulsion adhesive seems to be lousy in terms of penetrating
> paper. It would be good if the adhesive could soak completely into the
> paper
> and form a continuous layer of fiber reinforced polymer at the spine.

What about PVA/wheat starch mixtures? The wheat paste is much wetter
and quick to penetrate paper (and other materials). Seems like the
starch gets carried along with the water more than PVA molecules.

Weighing in with opinions sparked by earlier discussions:

I often don't have time to do more than skim your posts. Also I mostly
don't have an immediate need for some of the detailed information you
present, but I always appreciate your thoroghness and attention to
detail and am glad to have your posts available in the archive. They
are a valued part of my reference library.

Keep stirring the glue pot,
Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

ddrake@dreamingmind.com