Re: [BKARTS] MFA in Book Arts from Purchase College, SUNY

Excellent: that's telling 'em! -tb

At 07:39 PM 11/11/2002, you wrote:
>As someone who has first-hand knowledge of Purchase College and the book
>arts program there, I would strongly urge anyone considering this option to
>select another alternative.  It is NOT a reliable, or competent, program.
>The book arts program when I was there (1996-97) was for the most part
>unstaffed, unfunded, undirected, unappreciated, unimaginative, uninspired,
>and as a result, unappealing.  After a frustrating year working with one of
>the worst persons I've ever met in the 54 years of my life I moved on to
>more rewarding ways to improving my education.
>
>There are many fine book arts programs across the U.S. and the program at
>Purchase College in my opinion is not one of them.
>
>Ed Hutchins
>www.artistbooks.com

Terry Belanger : University Professor : University of Virginia : Rare Book
School : 114 Alderman Library : Charlottesville, VA  22903 : Telephone
434/924-8851   fax 434/924-8824   email belanger@virginia.edu : URL
<http://www.rarebookschool.org>