Re: [BKARTS] Recent Fan and Perfect Bindings Discussions - Repair of Perfect Bindings from 1830/80s?

DOUBLE-FAN GLUING WITH ROUNDED BACK AND SHOULDERS
Gavin, I examined some "Limited Edition" hard cover books recently which are
published by LRS Books and produced on a Ultrabind double-fan binding
machine in California as far as I can tell. I found them at a local library
and played with the books for awhile. These books do have a rounded back as
well as the 3 mm shoulders. So it seems that a double-fan bound book can be
made in the same style as the original book. You said: "If this were to be
done with fan gluing, the open pages at the apex would not be well adhered."
What do you mean by the apex?

ADHESIVES
By the way your post yesterday about better adhesives set me off on some
research about adhesives.

Ben Wiens...applied energy scientist
Ben Wiens Energy Science Inc.
E-mail: ben@benwiens.com
Energy Website: http://www.benwiens.com
Read my popular web-booklet "The Future of Fuel Cells"