Re: [BKARTS] MFA in Book Arts from Purchase College, SUNY

I am a graduate of the Book Arts program at Purchase(1996) and find Mr
Hutchins posting completely off base. It is too bad that another artist
felt it was proper to slam a program and possibly the reputation of all
of its graduates and faculty because of a sosme misguided personal
grudge.

While at  Purchase (1993- 1996), I found the program an enriching
experience, the faculty are in fact quite inspired/ing, imaginative,
accomplished Artists. They are reliable and committed to keeping this
program going. I found working with them to be rewarding educational
experience. The computer and printing facilities are state of the art.
The opportunity to produce offset printed editions is a major draw for
this program. I also took of advantage of the optional 3rd year to
complete my thesis with a year of straight studio time after completing
all of the other requirements for the degree. I found my 3 years
comuting from Brooklyn to Purchase to be one of the most rewarding
experiences of my Life. Thanks Phil, Clif, Champe, Cheryl, Warren,
Margot, Sally and all the other MFA students and Faculty.

Jennifer Magee
impromptu@earthlink.net