[BKARTS] Japan visit

Hello,
I am going to be traveling in Japan this January, and I would love
suggestions for nifty book arts-related places to visit, things to see,
etc. Kurotani (a small town made up largely of paper makers) is supposed to
be interesting -- has anyone on the list actually been there? Is it
visitor-friendly? (Especially for a visitor with *no* Japanese?) Does
anyone know of places (anywhere in Japan) that offer short workshops, or
Japanese book artists that might offer some individual instruction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Matthew

Matthew S Garelick
Graphic Services