Re: [BKARTS] Japan visit

Mathew:

In the center of Tokyo there is a great paper resource. The neighborhood is
called Aoyame, that is in and of itself very interesting.
The shop is a jewel, employing the old style of shopping that was prevalent
in Tokyo 50 years ago: wonderful service and nothing on display. The shop is
called Aoyama Mihoncho. It has 4000 paper samples and a large collection of
hand made papers. There is a small square guidebook to Tokyo that will give
you the phone number and all the facts plus an illustration. Ellipsis is the
publisher. Great Bookstore nearby, The Spiral and a shopping street of
fashion establishment in the other direction from Mihoncho. Plus a great and
reasonable French Bistro next to the Tadao Ando building: Le Collectione.

There is virtually no English spoken at Mihoncho, have the concierge or
someone who speaks Japanese call the shop and explain what you are
interested in. The young women who work in the shop, if you are very patient
and willing to write out what you want and speak very, very slowly, will be
unbelievably helpful. They will start speaking a little English.

Good Luck!

John Campbell