Re: [BKARTS] trip to Paris & Rome

If you go to my web-site, below, and click on WOID you'll get a fairly long listing of book-related sites in Paris. I manage to get over there twice a year so it's relatively up-to-date, though always up to improvement. Cecilia's been kind enough to quote me on her site.

As to Nancy Cunard's shop: it never was *her* shop. The actual shop for the Black Sun Press was, if I recall, on the rue Git-le-Coeur, and it was a commercial printer of business cards and menus. British arts-and-craft "fine" printers were always seeking out this shop in the 'twenties and 'thirties, only to recoil in horror once they found it.

Also: don't assume because people are lining up outside a bakery, that it's out-of-the-ordinary. People also line up because the fresh bread hasn't come out yet, or because the bakery's having a closing sale - which happens a lot in July and August.

Paul T Werner, New York
http://theorangepress.com

WOID: A journal of visual language
DRAGONSBLOOD AND ASHES, a project to research and practice the techniques of the medieval scribe