Re: [BKARTS] Grain and Humidity (was Cutters)

on 11/25/02 12:25 PM, r-evans4@UX1.CSO.UIUC.EDU wrote:

> A laser printer has a hot fuser roller which removes more moisture
> from one side of the sheet than from the other. This often causes the paper to
> curl.

Here in the land of tropical humidity, many non-airconditioned copy shops
use a heat lamp to dry the paper out. I think that when the humid paper hits
the hot rollers it expands as steam forms, causing jams. Manual duplexing is
one of those jobs that requires great attention to detail and Buddha-like
toleration of frustration.