[BKARTS] Magazine Seeks Book Arts Editor

OP: The magazine of book culture, collectors & commerce will launch in
January. OP will be published six issues each year and is aimed at
out-of-print and antiquarian book sellers and collectors.

In each issue, we plan to run an article on the book arts, broadly defined.
It is my experience that book collectors and book sellers often don't know
much about books as physical objects. I would like to both entertain our
readers while educating them. In our first issue we are running an engaging
account about the binding of a fine press book. I think it is a good start
but I am starting to realize that I don't know enough about the subject or
enough people in the field to really make this section of the magazine go.
Hence this posting.

I am looking for someone experienced in the book arts, with an eye for good
writing, a love of magazines, ability to meet deadlines, and connections
with potential contributors. If you are interested in being the book arts
editor for OP, please send me an email introducing yourself and summarizing
why you'd be a good person for the job.

I have a modest annual budget for the section. I envision a small stipend
for the editor (enough for dinner out) with a budget for contributors. The
editor could also be the contributor for one issue each year.

If this sounds interesting to you, please get in touch. If you know anyone
who's not on this list who might be a good candidate, let me know and I'll
contact them directly.

Yours,

Scott Brown
P. Scott Brown
OP: A Magazine of Book Culture, Collectors, & Commerce
http://www.opmagazine.com

PO Box 106
Eureka, CA 95502
707-443-9562   fax 707-443-9572