Re: [BKARTS] Oversewing Alternatives

In a message dated 12/5/02 5:54:42 PM, roroberts@JUNO.COM writes:

<< I have in my care an 1847 volume containing many plates printed on paper
which is fairly thick and stiff. As there are no folds, the sheets were
essentially oversewn .........  Short of guarding every leaf, what approach
might you recommend? >>

Bob,
Guarding is the best approach, UNLESS the client is willing to permit loose
plates in folders and boxed. I have recommended this treatment, and it has
been accepted by a few clients.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA   16695