Re: [BKARTS] Oversewing Alternatives

I think the first question to ask is what is the forseen future use of the book. If it is more of an artifact, with infrequent use, than one can over-sew in a manner that gives both relative strength and finesse of finish.  I have produced many mechanically sound bindings in this manner.  Oversewing can be done well, and it can be done poorly.
     If the book is going to have any real use, than guarding is really the only way to give a sound and functional book.  Two layers of THIN strong japanese paper can produce a very strong guard, and hold down swelling.

Bruce Levy
--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

One click access to the Top Search Engines
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/mailcom