Re: [BKARTS] Designing poetry books

Dear Katie & Michael

I'm interested in this question also, and as far as I know Clifford Burke
is the only printer/author who has written a full length study on the
subject.  The book is called (conveniently) Printing Poetry : A Workbook in
Typographic Reification and it was published in San Francisco at the Scarab
Press in 1980.  Of course there are a lot of essays on the subject, some
written by printers printing their own writing such as Bill Everson or
Walter Hamady, but I think there is a marked difference between printing
one's own writing and the active service of the printer/editor/designer.

Best Wishes,

Kyle

--On Monday, December 09, 2002, 3:53 P M -0500 Michael Brad y