Re: [BKARTS] more thoughts regarding AIC certification

Certification really serves to eliminate many qualified people from various
positions. Not just in restoration/conservation.

In public schools in Delaware, and I presume elsewhere, cerification takes
preeminence over ability.  If Mozart or Michaelangelo were alive today, they
could not find employment teaching their respective arts. Also the words
professional and amateur are not proof of ability or lack thereof. The most
talented of artisans may be amateur and the most inept of tinkerers may be
professional. It all depends on whether or not one is paid for their
services.

Instead of looking at  credentials we should look at  gifts and abilities.

Regards,

Ed Stansell