Re: [BKARTS] question on title

>I am currently working on a project where I am using a poem by another
>writer. The poem has a title and my response to it is in the form of a
>constructed box. The poem  will be inserted in the work as part of the
>internal structure of the piece, in pamphlet form. My question is: if I want
>to put my own title to this work, but still want to have the poem's title on
>the piece, where do I put the two titles and how do I distinguish between the
>two?

* * * * *

Here's an example that may or may not help: "The Blues and Jives of Dr.
Hepcat," by Alan Govenar, was produced by the Arcadian Press in 1993. It's
a limited edition letterpress book that also happens to contain a smaller
pamphlet called "The Jives of Dr. Hepcat," which was penned by Dr. Hepcat
himself, Lavada Durst, in 1953. It also contains an audio cassette: "The
Piano Blues of Dr. Hepcat." The whole package is boxed in a tall clamshell
box, and we catalog it at the Jaffe Collection according to the title page
of the letterpress book:"The Blues and Jives of Dr. Hepcat." The new work,
created by the book artist, is the one that takes the focus, even if it
contains other works.

Don't forget, of course, to give credit where credit is due!

John Cutrone
The Arthur and Mata Jaffe Collection
Boca Raton, Florida