Re: [BKARTS] conservation job at Harvard

This is a good example of elitist attitudes from academia. With the clause
regarding "formal training in conservation", you eliminate many perfectly
qualified conservators; ones possibly more qualified than those available
with formal training.  Why is there such a great focus on formal training
rather than demonstrated ability ? Why is someone with formal training and
only four year experience preferable to one with no formal training and
decades of hands on experience?  I sense that this is just a new form of
segregation to replace the old one. Now we have to keep out the non-
academics. Afterall, they're not one of US.

Regards,
Edward Stansell
<A HREF="http://www.bookrestoration.net">http://www.bookrestoration.net</A>