Re: [BKARTS] conservation job at Harvard

Absolutely right on, Jennifer! There was a time when trade schools and
apprenticeships taught the detail and craft the way it was going to be
used. Then, who a person apprenticed with was important and what the person
could turn out really mattered.

I know, as you do, many people who have NO degrees and years of valuable
experience, who wouldn't get a job anywhere except opening their own
business. Well, that's an advantage too, but risky at the same time. It's a
form of "class" that we have here in America.

Patrice Baldwin

...> I have

HREF="http://www.bookrestoration.net">http://www.bookrestoration.net</A>

>>> resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:
>>> <http://www.philobiblon.com>
>>>
>>> Archive maintained and suppported by Conservation OnLine
>>> <http://palimpsest.stanford.edu>
>> resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:
>> <http://www.philobiblon.com>
>>
>> Archive maintained and suppported by Conservation OnLine
>> <http://palimpsest.stanford.edu>

"I hear and I forget.
I see and I remember.
I do and I understand."