[BKARTS] course recommendation?

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a workshop or seminar on archival
bookbinding concepts for artists... I see courses for repair and
historical structures, but am really interested in understanding the
chemistry involved with using different materials and why some binding
structures are better than others.

Much as I'd like to enter a program of study that might include this,
it's not possible for me to relocate somewhere for a year or two, so I
need something more condensed in terms of time.  Is there anything like
this out there?

Thank you kindly,
Val Van Sice