[BKARTS] Book Arts Web - Overhaul

The Book Arts Web <http://www.philobiblon.com> is in the process of getting
overhauled. Among the changes are design, navigation, and page size.

DESIGN: After a few years of the same look, I got bored, and needed to see
something fresh. Currently most images are of my work, but I am open to
displaying works of others, especially to make the site more representative
of the breadth of this field.

NAVIGATION: The pages now employ drop-down javascript powered menus, which
appear on each page. Unfortunately these don't work with some older browser
versions. My sitemeter tells me that about about 4-8% could have problems.
Consider upgrading to a current version. There are non-java links at the
bottom, and all content is still available. It's just more cumbersome to
get around.

PAGE SIZE: Some pages, especially the Links page got far too long to be
practical. This has now been broken down into subject specific pages with
direct access from the drop-down menus.

There is a new section called "reference" which links to the bibliography
pages which are being continually updated. The one for bookbinding manuals
now lists over 100 titles (most in English with some German and French)
covering all facets. New is also one for bookbinding and conservation
topics, with citations from books and journals.  The other materials in
this section encompass "what is a book?" type tracts. I am always looking
for content to host, am very interested in adding lesson plans, and working
towards that goal.

As always, links are also being checked and added.

Please consider at work in progress, and I am striving to get the bugs
(like large amounts of whitespace at the bottom and getting the SSI to work
on the second level pages) worked out. Thank you for your patience, and
your contributions to the list and the site.

Peter

 >>    In schoen gebundenen Buechern blaettert man gern.   <<

Peter D. Verheyen
<Email>            mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com
<Webmaster> http://www.philobiblon.com
<Listowner>    mailto:Book_Arts-L-request@listserv.syr.edu