Re: [BKARTS] Info Dry Spell

OK, Ed, good point re getting the ball rolling.  I'm
asking these as a novice.  (Won't be applying for any
conservator positions at Harvard any time this
millenium.)

1. I'd like to have a paper cutter to cut standard
thickness book board but can't afford a new one at the
$200+ price range I'm seeing available.  (The fingers
are a little arthritic.)  Could you give me some brand
names and models that would be good that I can search
eBay, newspapers and other places for.

2. Just a thought -- Has anyone worked with funeral
homes?  When a local funeral home saw a pet memorial
service guest book I created, they peppered me with
questions related to could I provide this personalized
service for their human clients.  I said I could,
(which was ridiculous; there is no way I could provide
fast and consistently professional bookbinding) but
they have never contacted me again.  (If they do, I
will decline.)  But I'm thinking this might be a
paying avenue for bookbinders across the country
looking for clients.

3. I work with bookcloth, mostly starched linen and
mostly from Hollander's.  I just can't get the corners
perfect.  I read and reread the books and look at the
diagrams to no avail.  Any tips?

Happy Holidays to everyone.

=====

Kathleen S. Wolford, Mineral Springs, Pa., kathleenwolford@yahoo.com