Re: [BKARTS] Book cloth in Seatte

Yes, you can buy small pieces of book cloth in art stores, but it costs
a lot for very small pieces.  Using sample swatches and ordering from
vendors who will cut 1-yard minimums, one can develop a nice inventory.
A yard would cost about the same as the 12-inch piece bought from an art
supply.

A better alternative to remnants would be to see whether a local binder
would sell a piece from their stock.   Or use regular sewing yard goods
and line the piece with japanese paper before making the cover.  There
are several methods for doing this outlined in the BookArts archive.

Carol
Eugene, OR
=======