Re: [BKARTS] Book cloth in Seatte

I mean no disparagement to anyone's taste by this question, but what is the
attraction to Japanese bookcloth?  I'll admit that some are quite handsome.
However does every book need a silk finish?

Japanese bookcloth and just about all paperbacked cloth is exceedingly weak.
Witness the need for a paperback. Their surface is easily abraded and cannot
be cleaned without damage. A cover material should not only survive the
binding process, but also everyday use by its eventual owner. If the fabric
were more substantial I would find it more desirable.

Ed