[BKARTS] How to Repair a book but save the pastedowns?

I have been given an old copy of a cookbook to repair -- it is in very sound
condition, but has no spine.  However, I'm at a loss as to how to proceed.
The pastedowns on the inside front and back covers have measurement and
conversion instructions, but more importantly, contains handwritten notes
from the original owner.  The current owner of the book has asked me to
preserve these if at all possible.

So....how do I add a spine to existing covers and case in the book without
covering up the existing pastedowns?

Thanks,
Ann