Re: [BKARTS] Lewis Carroll article and an Introduction

Greetings all! My name is Kris Young, I live in Vancouver, WA, and I'm a new subscriber to the Book Arts list. I've only received a few digests so far but I can already see that I'm way out of my league... I've been a lover of books since childhood and am just now, at the tender age of 50, beginning to dabble in papermaking and bookbinding. :-)  I have much to learn and it appears I'm in a great group to do just that. 

I had planned to lurk and learn (and I will), but the recent request for information on an article by Lewis Carroll on spine panel/titling proportions gave me an idea on where you might find an answer. About a year and a half ago I joined an email group on Yahoo called Lewis Carroll. I didn't stay with the group for long (guess you could say it wasn't my cup of tea...;-) but this was/is a very diverse and erudite bunch of folks with several scholars in the mix. I went into the archives and did a search using the word spine and didn't come up with anything. But if the query were brought to their attention, you might have your answer. Perhaps I could rejoin the list long enough to find out? Or perhaps someone on this list is also a member of that one? Please let me know if you'd like me to look into it further. 

Well, this gave me a good excuse to introduce myself. As I said, I'll mostly be lurking and learning. Nice meeting you!

Regards,
Kris Young
Vancouver, WA

Quote for the week:
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."
-- Artistotle

***********************************************
            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:
                      <http://www.philobiblon.com>

Archive maintained and suppported by Conservation OnLine
                    <http://palimpsest.stanford.edu>