Re: [BKARTS] burning bushes and oversewing

Dear Gavin
   I leave it to Edward S. to illustrate the hand oversewing he has in
mind.  The kind I have seen, which may or may not be what he has in mind,
always seemed to me to be a rather ingenious quick and dirty single
flexible sewing, not always consistent throughout the text sewing.  In a
couple cases I have detected it only in trace, that is needle hole
patterns, where one can see in the inner margins pairs of holes at a slant
from each other either side of the gathering central fold.  These sewings
were in combination with thongs or cords.  It also appears sometimes to
have been done sewing two or three up.  I have never come across a
description of such sewing, so I am as curious as anyone else to find out
in more detail what Edward is planning to share with us.
   As to the burning bush, yeah, I remember that Moses kid--wanted to be a
binder, asked for a couple of simple rules.  I had my doubts, but, Sure, I
told him, get a couple of tablets and will see if we can draft a few.  So
then he shows up with these blinkin' rocks!   Well, I knew right away that
anyone who wants rules in stone doesn't have what it takes to be a good
binder. I hear he came up with some rules he liked and did well, though, in
another field.  Nice kid, you know, just not the type of person to make a
good binder.
   Dorothy