[BKARTS] Acid-free test, grease stain on cow hide

Hello,
I am a bookbinder in Argentina. In the city nearby I can get just about all
the binding supplies I need, however the concept of  "acid-free" is not
widely used here as a binding must. Where I buy binding board and canvas,
I'm told these products are "probably" acid-free. But they don't know for
sure. Is there a test I can do on these items to see if they are acid-free
or not?
Also, I work with cow-hide. Any tips for getting light grease stains off the
leather? It's been over 100 for a week straight and our sweaty hands have
left a couple marks we'd like to get off of our books.
Gracias,
Alex Appella
www.transientbooks.com