[BKARTS] FW: Lewis Carroll on bookbinding

----------
From: Reed C Bowman <hammerquill@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 21:50:19 -0800
To: STUMPERS-L@LISTSERV.DOM.EDU
Subject: Re: Lewis Carroll on bookbinding

Martin Gardner's _Annotated Alice_ references the following two
articles, which might be of some help:

"Lewis Carroll, Mathematician," D.B. Eperson in _The Mathematical
Gazette_, vol. 17, May 1933, pp 92-100.
"The Mathematical Manuscripts of Lewis Carroll," Warren Weaver in the
_Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society," Vol 98, Oct 15,
1954, pp 377-381.

Does anywombat have access to these journals? I do not have easy access
to them.

RCB

p.s. I will also write to a friend who is (a) a mathematician interested
in curious things, (b) fairly knowledgeable about books, (c) a total
Lewis Carroll nut, but (d) not on Book_Arts-L or Stumpers... and see if
he knows anything.