Re: [BKARTS] Fwd: use of scroll in science education

I am not a science educator, but I was an art educator (up until June 02) and being a lover of bookmaking myself, often used it with my students as a method to take notes.  I also taught a self awareness class for 8th graders and used the concertina book as a vehicle for an alphabet book about themselves in which they responded to several issues.  The brilliant thing about the concertina format for students is that they can get a picture of the whole thing and relate back and forth in what they have already done.  It was also great right brain activity just in the flow of pages, I always approached drawing lessons with the focus on right brain awareness.  The book format as vehicle for notes accomplished several things besides the absorbtion of info, it also made the information an 'object', even better a 'personal object'.