Re: [BKARTS] question

At 09:13 AM 2/9/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Can anyone out there tell me how to register a press name (for ownership
purposes) in the state of Illinois?
Caryl
The Vixen Press

Here in Florida, it begins with registering your Fictitious Name with the
Secretary of State. (I've become an expert because we are soon changing the
Red Wagon name. Came up with one, registered it, then came up with a better
one, and registered that. The State of Florida is $100 richer as a result.)
You may be able to do this online through your state's government website.

All this does, however, is register your fictitious name. It does not give
you any sort of claim over it... to do that in the US, you'll need to
register with the Trademark and Patent Office.

John Cutrone
Red Wagon Bookworks
Lake Worth, Florida
http://www.redwagonbookworks.com